- Each person is limited to one application for this test.
- Those who participated and downloaded “Closed Network Test (CNT)” hold on July will be able to continue playing “Closed Beta Test”. ※There is no need to apply again.
- It is prohibited to transfer, purchase, sell or lend the Closed Beta Test software or access to others. ※If those behaviors are discovered, the winning entrant's eligibility will be voided.
- The saved data from this test cannot be carried over to the product version.
About Closed Beta Test (CBT)
- ・This test will be conducted using the Closed Beta Test version of TEKKEN 8.
- ・Through online game play, players will be able to test the battle matching and communication with other players in the “TEKKEN FIGHT LOUNGE”, a large-scale online visual lobby as well as "aggressive" battle system, which is the battle concept of this title.
- ・If the number of testers exceeds the maximum number of applicants, a lottery will be held. Only those selected will receive an invitation to participate in the test via the e-mail address registered at the time of application.
- ・The URL for the web survey will be sent to the email address you registered with if you are selected. To help us develop better products, please be sure to respond to our web survey after the test.
Changes from CNT
- Adjustments were made to make more options work effectively in aggressive tactics involving the heat system.
- ・The attack performance of Heat Burst (RP+LK or R1 with heat activation enabled) has been adjusted.
- ・Added the effect of withstanding the upper-middle attack (power crash performance) to Heat Burst.
- ・The behavior when using heat burst and heat dash together has been adjusted to suppress combos that are too long.
- ・The amount of recoverable damage caused by the effects of the heat condition has been reduced.
- ・The heat timer is now reduced even if the attack is blocked during the heat state.
- ・Heat timer consumption by enhanced attack in the heat state has been increased.
- In addition to reflecting adjustments from the CNT version to more advanced versions of the battle, additional adjustments were made to topics in the player feedback received in the CNT that were consistent with the battle adjustment policy.
- ・Improved performance of power crash.
- ・The performance of the reversal technique has been suppressed. We have also increased the number of types of techniques that cannot be prevented by reversal technique.
- ・Easier to input dash and back-dash precedence (only when the second directional key is held in).
- ・Restrictions were added to the combo after it hit the wall.
- ・Other behavioral and balance adjustments were made.
- Expanded and adjusted the functionality of the special style to allow players to enjoy more strategic tactics when using it.
- Expanded Function
- ・The variation of "signature moves" that can be performed with □ has been expanded so that multiple moves can be selected and performed in combination with the directional keys (←, ↓, →).
- ・In addition to the lower attack that can be performed with 〇, another lower attack or throwing technique can be performed in combination with the directional keys (←, ↓, →).
- Reviewed and adjusted the techniques that are activated by 〇, □, △, or × without inputting directional keys.
- To improve battle visibility, give players a wider range of options.
- ・Reviewed and adjusted the brightness of effects in general.
- ・The shape and range of some effects have been adjusted to improve visibility.
- ・Brightness has been significantly reduced when the effect brightness setting is set to "low" in the options.
- Adjustments were made to items that were requested by many of the CNT player feedback.
- ・Button settings can also be assigned to L3 and R3.
- ・Costume presets are now selectable.
Main test contents (mode) ※Cannot be transferred to the production version
TEKKEN FIGHT LOUNGE
- ・Matching anywhere
- ・Chat（Lounge, Nearby, Direct）/ Emote
- ・Profile / Direct Chat / Friend Request / Rivals / Follow / Block / Report
- RANKED MATCH / Group Match
- Spectating / Ghost Match
- ・Avatar Customization / Player Customization
- ・TEKKEN Fight Money
- ・Rank limitation (up to 10 rank)
- ・Game Option Setting：Roll Back Setting / Cross-Platform Setting
- ・Screen Setting：Effect Saturation Setting
- ・Graphic Setting：Resolution / V-Sync / Various graphic quality settings
- ・Other, Sound Setting / Avatar Camera Setting / Button Mapping / Player Setting / etc.
- ・My profile / Players who played together / Friend List / Follow / Register Rival / Block List
Test contents (Character/Stage)
Playable Character：19 Characters
- Added from CBT：3 Characters
- Raven, Azucena, Feng
- Continued from CNT：16 Characters
- Jin, Kazuya, Jun, Paul, Law, King, Lars, Jack-8, XiaoYu, Nina, Leroy, Lili, Asuka, Hwoarang, Bryan, Claudio
Battle Stage：6 Stage
- Added from CBT：1 Stage
- Ortiz Farm
- Continued from CNT：5 Stages
- Urban Square (Evening), Yakushima, Rebel Hangar, Sanctum, Arena
Conditions for Participation
PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S, Steam
Test Dates and Time
- ・[JST] 20 October (Fri) 17:00～23 October (Mon) 16:00
- ・Server Maintenance：[JST] 21 October (Sat) 17:00～20:00
- ※Players will not be able to participate in the test during the server maintenance.
- ※Emergency maintenance may be conducted in case of any problems.
- ※In such cases, the status will be announced on the official TEKKEN X (Twitter) account.
Japanese/English/Brazilian Portuguese/Neutral Spanish/French/Italian/German/Spanish/Russian/Arabic/Traditional Chinese/Korean/Polish/Thai/Simplified Chinese
Conditions for participation
- ・Players must be at least 15 years old and able to answer online survey
- ・A PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S, and a PC that meets the following specifications:
|Resolution: Full HD (1920×1080)
FPS：Stable over 60
|Resolution: 4K (3840×2160)
FPS：Stable over 60
|Minimum Specifications||Recommended Specifications||Minimum Specifications||Recommended Specifications|
|OS||Windows 10 64-Bit||Windows 10 64-Bit||Windows 10 64-Bit||Windows 10 64-Bit|
|MEMORY||Over 8GB||Over 16GB||Over 8GB||Over 16GB|
|VRAM||Over 4GB||Over 8GB||Over 4GB||Over 8GB|
|DirectX®||Version 12||Version 12||Version 12||Version 12|
|Internet connection||Broadband Internet connection||Broadband Internet connection||Broadband Internet connection||Broadband Internet connection|
- *The above specifications are the operating environment for playing the CBT version of "Tekken 8".
- *FPS (frame rate/second): Stable over 60" is guaranteed and mesured under the graphics settings that are automatically set when the system is first started up
- *The frame rate may drop when other applications are running in the background.
- *Please note that the minimum and recommended specifications for the CBT version are subject to change without notice.
Period of Registration
[JST] 19 September (Tue) 22:00～11 October (Wed) 16:00
- *The Period of Registration is subject to change without notice.
Confirmation of Participation
[JST] 18 Oct (Wed) 16:00~
How to applyApply here!
- ・This test is also open to those who have not yet subscribed to PlayStation®Plus or Xbox Live Gold.
- ・ If you are not able to use the code due to an error in your registration information, we will not be able to exchange the code for a new one.
- ・We will not be able to answer any inquiries regarding the results of the contest.
- ・Emergency maintenance may be conducted during the test period without prior notice.
- ・Please read through the "Bandai Namco Entertainment Game Live Broadcasting Policy" before posting or distributing videos or images on social networking services.
Terms and Conditions of Application
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Notification Regarding the TEKKEN 8 Closed Beta Test call for Participation
These Terms apply to the Tekken 8 Closed Beta Test (hereinafter referred to as the Test) conducted by Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company").
Customers who apply for this test must read and agree to these terms before applying.
If you are a minor, please be sure to check these Terms with your legal representative (parent or guardian, etc.) and obtain the consent of your legal representative before applying.
- 20 October 2023 (Fri) 17:00 ～ 23 October 2023 (Mon) 16:00 JST
- 20 October 2023 (Fri) 01:00 ～ 23 October (Mon)00:00 PDT
- 20 October 2023 (Fri) 10:00 ～ 23 October (Mon)09:00 CEST
- 21 October 2023 (Sat) 17:00 ~ 21 October 2023 (Sat) 20:00 JST
- 21 October 2023 (Sat) 01:00 ~ 21 October 2023 (Sat) 04:00 PDT
- 21 October 2023 (Sat) 10:00 ~ 21 October 2023 (Sat) 13:00 CEST
- *Players will only be able to play during the dates and times listed above.
- *Players will not be able to play during the maintenance period.
- *Please note that the aforementioned start/end times may vary slightly.
- ■Target Platforms: PlayStation®5/Xbox Series X|S/Steam®
- ■ Target area: Japan and Asia
- ■ Target age: 15 years old and over* *Those under 14 years old cannot participate in this test.
■ Application Period:
19 September 2023 (Tue) 22:00~ 11 October 2023 (Wed) 16:00 JST
19 September 2023 (Tue) 06:00~ 11 October 2023 (Wed) 00:00 PDT
19 September 2023 (Tue) 15:00~ 11 October 2023 (Wed) 09:00 CEST
Application Method and Notification of Winners:
The application will be submitted successfully after the form has been completed. (URL: https://prereg-en.bn-ent.net/common/serial.php?app=tk8_cbt_en)
If the total number of applicants exceeds the expected set number, a lottery will take place to select the winners. These selected individuals will be notified via their email addresses registered at the time of application.
- *The e-mail address that was registered at the time of application will be used for registration, lottery, administration, guidance e-mails, and survey distribution of this Closed Beta Test.
- *The notification of the results is scheduled after 18 October, 2023, but is subject to change due to circumstances.
- *Please check in advance whether the e-mail address at the time of entry registration is valid.
- *If you are unable to receive the winning email, the opportunity will be invalidated.
- *Winning emails will not be reissued under any circumstances.
- *Please note that we will not be able to respond to inquiries about the results.
- ・ Only those living in Japan and Asia can apply via this Closed Beta Test registration page.
- ・ You can apply up to one time per person.
- ・ This test does not provide individual support for in-game issues.
- ・ Announcements during this test period will be made on the official X (Twitter) account(@TEKKEN_Project).
- ・ The schedule and contents of this test are subject to change without notice.
- ・ There is a possibility that the gameplay will not be smooth during the test.
- ・ During this test period, emergency maintenance may be performed without notice.
- ・ During this test period, specifications are subject to change without notice.
- ・ This test may be canceled without notice.
- ・ The gameplay data obtained through this test will be used for game improvement analysis.
- ・ The right to win this test and the program for this test cannot be transferred, resold or lent to others.
- ・ The program used for this test is under development and differs from the full version.
- ・ Save data from this test cannot be transferred to the full version.
- ・ Please ensure that this test application is uninstalled after completing it. If you download the official version without uninstalling it, you may encounter unexpected problems.
- ・ The cost of the Internet connection will be borne by the customer.
- ・ During this test period, any act in the game that is contrary to public order and morals or that the Company deems inappropriate is prohibited.
- ・ The hardware supported for this test are as such: PlayStation®5/Xbox Series X|S/Steam®
- *PlayStation®4 is not eligible.
- ・ This test is also open to those who have not subscribed to PlayStation®Plus.
- ・ To participate in this test, you need an environment that connects the game console to the Internet. You will also need a PlayStation account.
- ・ The following controllers can be used in this test: PlayStation®5 DualSense Wireless Controller and TEKKEN 7 Compatible Stick for PlayStation®4
- ・This test is also open to those who have not yet subscribed to PlayStation®Plus.
- ・This test is also open to those who have not yet subscribed to Xbox Game Pass Core (formerly Xbox Live Gold).
【Governing Law and Jurisdiction】
- *Company and product names mentioned on this page are trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective companies.
- ・Emergency maintenance may be conducted in case of any problems.
- ・In such cases, the status will be announced on the official TEKKEN X (Twitter) account.