About Closed Network Test (CNT)
- ・This test will be conducted using the Closed Network Test version of TEKKEN 8.
- ・Through online competitive play, players will be able to experience the new "aggressive" battle system which represents the battle concept of TEKKEN 8.
- ・If the number of testers exceeds the maximum number of applicants, a lottery will be held. Only those selected will receive an invitation to participate in the test via the e-mail address registered at the time of application.
- ・After the test, we would appreciate your cooperation in answering a web survey. Your valuable feedback will be used as a reference in the formulation of our battle system adjustment policy.
- ・The URL for the web survey will be sent to the email address you registered with if you are selected.
Content of Closed Network Test
Mode: Rank Match (Up to 10 ranks)
Players will experience the new battle system of TEKKEN 8 through online competitive play that supports cross-platform matching.
Playable characters: 16 characters
Jin, Kazuya, Jun, Paul, Law, King, Lars, Jack 8, Xiaoyu, Nina, Leroy, Lili, Asuka, Hwoarang, Bryan, Claudio
Battle Stage: 5 Stages
Urban Square (Evening), Yakushima, Rebel Hangar, Sanctum,Arena
Battle System Changes
Based on feedback from the Closed Alpha Test conducted since March onwards, the following changes to the specifications will be made in order to make it simpler for players to engage in aggressive tactics using the new "Heat" battle system.
- ・"Heat Energy" will be removed.
- ・The upper limit (heat activation time) of the "Heat Timer" will be changed depending on how the heat is activated.
- ・The "Heat Smash" command will be standardised for all playable characters.
Conditions for Participation
PlayStation®5 、Xbox Series X|S、Steam®
Test Dates and Time
- Week 1: PlayStation®5
21 July 2023, 4:00pm – 24 July 2023, 3:00pm SGT
- *Maintenance will be held on 22 July 2023, 4:00pm – 7:00pm SGT.
- Week 2: PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S, Steam®
28 July 2023, 4:00pm – 31 July 2023, 3:00pm SGT
- *Maintenance will be held on 29 July 2023, 4:00pm – 7:00pm SGT.
- *Winners who applied to participate in the Closed Network Test on the PlayStation®5 will be able to play during both Week 1 and Week 2.
- *Players will not be able to participate in the Closed Network Test during the server maintenance. Emergency maintenance may be conducted in case of any problems. In such cases, the status will be announced on the official TEKKEN Twitter account.
Japanese/English/Brazilian Portuguese/Neutral Spanish/French/Italian/German/Spanish/Russian/
Arabic/Traditional Chinese/Korean/Polish/Thai/Simplified Chinese
Conditions for participation
Players must be at least 15 years old and own the following to be able to participate in the Closed Network Test:
- ・A broadband Internet connection.
- ・A PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S, and a PC that meets the following specifications:
|Minimum Specifications||Recommended Specifications|
|OS||Windows10 64bit||Windows10 64bit|
・AMD Ryzen 5 2600
・Intel Core i5-6600
・AMD Ryzen 5 3600
・Intel Core i7-7700K
・Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
・AMD Radeon RX 470
・Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060
・AMD Radeon RX Vega 64
|DirectX®||Version 12||Version 12|
|Internet connection||Broadband Internet connection||Broadband Internet connection|
|Strage||20GB available space||20GB available space|
|Soundcard||DirectX compatible soundcard or onboard chipset||DirectX compatible soundcard or onboard chipset|
- *The above specifications are needed to play the Closed Network Test of TEKKEN 8.
- *The minimum and recommended specifications for the Closed Network Test are subject to change without notice.
- *The operating environment for the Closed Network Test may differ from that of the full version.
Period of Registration
・9 June 2023, 9:00pm – 27 June 2023, 4:00pm SGT
- *The Period of Registration is subject to change without notice.
Confirmation of Participation
- ・PlayStation®5: 19 July 2023, 3:00pm SGT
- ・XBOX Series X|S and Steam®: 26 July 2023, 3:00pm SGT
How to applyApply here!
- ・This test is also open to those who have not yet subscribed to PlayStation®Plus or Xbox Live Gold.
- ・If you are not able to use the code due to an error in your registration information, we will not be able to exchange the code for a new one.
- ・We will not be able to answer any inquiries regarding the results of the contest.
- ・Emergency maintenance may be conducted during the test period without prior notice.
- ・Please read through the "Bandai Namco Entertainment Game Live Broadcasting Policy" before posting or distributing videos or images on social networking services.
Terms and Conditions of Application
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Notification Regarding the TEKKEN 8 Closed Network Test call for Participation
These Terms apply to the TEKKEN 8 Closed Network Test (hereinafter referred to as the Test) conducted by Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company").
Customers who apply for this test must read and agree to these terms before applying.
If you are a minor, please be sure to check these Terms with your legal representative (parent or guardian, etc.) and obtain the consent of your legal representative before applying.
[Closed Network Test Outline]
- 21 July 2023 (Fri) 17:00 ～ 24 July 2023 (Mon) 16:00 JST
- 21 July 2023 (Fri) 01:00 ～ 24 July 2023 (Mon) 00:00 PDT
- 21 July 2023 (Fri) 10:00 ～ 24 July 2023 (Mon) 09:00 CEST
- *Maintenance Period: 22 July 2023 (Sat) 17:00 ~ 22 July 2023 (Sat) 20:00 JST
② PlayStation®5/Xbox Series X|S/Steam®
- 28 July 2023 (Fri)17:00 ～ July 31th 2023 (Mon) 16:00 JST
- 28 July 2023 (Fri)01:00 ～ July 31th 2023 (Mon) 00:00 PDT
- 28 July 2023 (Fri)10:00 ～ July 31th 2023 (Mon) 09:00 CEST
- *Maintenance period: 29 July 2023 (Sat) 17:00 ~ 29 July 2023 (Mon) 20:00 JST
- *Players will only be able to play during the dates and times listed above.
- *Players will not be able to play during the maintenance period.
- *Please note that the aforementioned start/end times may vary slightly.
- ■Number of applicants: Approximately 100,000
- ■Target Platforms: PlayStation®5/Xbox Series X|S/Steam®
- ■Target area: Japan and Asia
■Target age: 15 years old and over*
- *Those under 14 years old cannot participate in this test.
- ■Closed Network Test Application Period: 9 June 2023 (Fri) 22:00~ 27 June 2023 (Tue) 17:00 JST
■Application Method and Notification of Winners:
The application will be submitted successfully after the form has been completed. (URL: http://prereg-en.bn-ent.net/common/serial.php?app=tk_cnt_en)
If the total number of applicants exceeds the expected set number, a lottery will take place to select the winners. These selected individuals will be notified via their email addresses registered at the time of application.
- *The e-mail address that was registered at the time of application will be used for registration, lottery, administration, guidance e-mails, and survey distribution of this Closed Network Test.
- *The notification of the results is scheduled after PlayStation®5: 19 July 2023, 3:00pm (SGT) and XBOX Series X|S and Steam®: 26 July 2023, 3:00pm (SGT), but is subject to change due to circumstances.
- *Please check in advance whether the e-mail address at the time of entry registration is valid.
- *If you are unable to receive the winning email, the opportunity will be invalidated.
- *Winning emails will not be reissued under any circumstances.
- *Please note that we will not be able to respond to inquiries about the results.
- ・Only those living in Japan and Asia can apply via this Closed Network Test registration page.
- ・You can apply up to one time per person.
- ・This test does not provide individual support for in-game issues.
- ・Announcements during this test period will be made on the official Twitter account (@TEKKEN_Project).
- ・The schedule and contents of this test are subject to change without notice.
- ・There is a possibility that the gameplay will not be smooth during the test.
- ・During this test period, emergency maintenance may be performed without notice.
- ・During this test period, specifications are subject to change without notice.
- ・This test may be canceled without notice.
- ・The gameplay data obtained through this test will be used for game improvement analysis.
- ・The right to win this test and the program for this test cannot be transferred, resold or lent to others.
- ・The program used for this test is under development and differs from the full version.
- ・Gameplay data from this test cannot be transferred to the full version.
- ・Please ensure that this test application is uninstalled after completing it. If you download the official version without uninstalling it, you may encounter unexpected problems.
- ・The cost of the Internet connection will be borne by the customer.
- ・During this test period, any act in the game that is contrary to public order and morals or that the Company deems inappropriate is prohibited.
・The hardware supported for this test are as such: PlayStation®5/Xbox Series X|S/Steam®
- *PlayStation®4 is not eligible.
- ・This test is also open to those who have not subscribed to PlayStation®Plus.
- ・To participate in this test, you need an environment that connects the game console to the Internet. You will also need a PlayStation account.
- ・The following controllers can be used in this test: PlayStation®5 DualSense Wireless Controller and TEKKEN 7 Compatible Stick for PlayStation®4
- ・The following controller can be used in this test: Xbox Wireless Controller.
- ・This test is also open to those who have not subscribed to Xbox Live Gold.
- ・The following controllers can be used in this test: Steam® Controller, PlayStation®5 DualSense Wireless Controller, TEKKEN 7 Compatible Stick for PlayStation®4, PlayStation®4 Wireless Controller (DUALSHOCK®4) and Xbox Wireless Controller.
【Governing Law and Jurisdiction】
- *Company and product names mentioned on this page are trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective companies.
TEKKEN official Twitter account
In case of problems, emergency maintenance may be performed. In that case, we will announce the situation on the "TEKKEN official Twitter account".